Today has been calm at work. Maybe a little too calm...
Today I went to our monthly computing facilities meeting where we get to discuss issues with the IT folks. It's been a while since I've been to one of those, since usually my coworker Jim Mourtakos goes. I really only go when there's something I want to talk about (which there was this month). Not to bore you with the details, but we're transitioning from Alpha Unix computers to Intel Linux computers, and it's supposed to all be done at the end of this month. We've still got a ways to go on that! (Chad, maybe you can relate?)
Luckily, it looks like I won't have to go to D.C. next week. Originally, some NASA folks wanted me to go up there to support a requirements review for about 3 days. Have you seen the weather forcast up there? Looks like it's going to be chilly and rainy. Besides, I'd rather spend *all day* on the phone in Houston and be able to go home to family!
Tonight is the first handbell practice since Christmas. Didn't get much of a break this time. The summer break is usually longer. We've got a couple of people returning from previous years, and we've got at least one new person who seems like she will be a regular. Now she just has to figure out what to do with her kids (actually her grandkids, I think). Don't know what we'll be playing yet, but I'm sure it will be good!
No comments:
Post a Comment