Sunday, January 15, 2006

No Rest for the Weary

Last night we decided to let S "cry it out" b/c A is tired of getting up to soothe him so often. When he was sick over the holidays, we let him sleep w/ us because we could then help him sleep (the congestion was making him cough, then he'd wake up crying). By keeping him w/ us, we could position him correctly so that the drainage wouldn't affect him so much, and besides that if he started crying, we'd be right there and wouldn't have to get up.

Well, as I was saying, we decided to let him cry it out last night. He went to bed pretty well, as he usually does. Went to bed at about 10:30. He woke up at about 1:00 and cried until after 2:00, but then went back to sleep for a couple of hours. He did wake back up at 4:00 for a little while but finally went to sleep and stayed asleep until morning. Overall, I'd say it was a success, but it was a long night for A and me. Especially A, since even though S went to sleep at 2:00, she couldn't get to sleep because she was so upset by the whole ordeal.

There is a silver lining though. It seems that he did pretty well after the 4:00 crying. He didn't cry all night, so that's I think all we can ask for at this time.

I'm at work right now. Friday I had some things to get done, but they didn't get done on time (actually, several jobs were still running on the computer yesterday when I checked, so I didn't come in yesterday and instead decided to come in on a Sunday). Turns out that the jobs I was running failed anyways, so I'm here trying to fix the problem and trying to speed up the jobs so that I can get some reports out today or really early Mon.

A and I were supposed to be running the Houston Half Marathon today. GO SARAH, WHO IS RUNNING (actually, she's probably already done by now...) It's great weather for a run this year, as it was last year also. A and I signed up for the HM several months ago, but didn't really get up for the training. So we are just considering this a donation to the event.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the good luck wishes. :) I had a good run!