Well, the day started out kind of badly, but ended well enough...
Got to the Vibe Lab and noticed that the procedure had the wrong axis specified for the sine sweep (where we sweep from 5-2000 Hz sine waves). When I noticed this, my stomach just dropped. I was thinking "Oh crap. Either these guys are going to hate me because I'm going to make them redo their configuration, or else I'll get useless data out of this test" Luckily, they were way cool about adjusting the configuration. So we rotated the whole thing by 90 degrees, and we were good to go. That whole thing took an additional 15-20 minutes or so, but it didn't really slow the test down because we were still waiting for people to arrive before we could touch the flight hardware.
The sine sweep test seemed to go well - I won't really know how well it worked until I can compare the data to the model results. Looks like we got some good response data. When I get back next week, I get to play w/ the model correlation tools that some of my coworkers have invented. It looks like a pretty powerful tool, so I'm excited about that. The only thing that happened that wasn't expected is that something started really buzzing at around 200 Hz. We were trying to figure out what it was, so the next time it happened, one of the guys put his hand on an the handrail and the buzzing stopped. So at least we know where the noise was coming from.
Now I'm back in the hotel. Watching some Bo' SOX baseball on ESPN. Indians just hit a grand slam off of Beckett. Trying to figure out what to get for dinner. There are plenty of good places to eat here in Huntsville. I think tonight I'll try barbeque.
No comments:
Post a Comment