Saturday, April 29, 2006

Friday's testing went well. We got done with the first of the two pieces of hardware. Now on to the second next week.

Last night I went to a Huntsville Stars baseball game. They are playing a home series against the Tennessee Smokies. The game was pretty fun because the "small" town atmosphere really shows at a minor league baseball game (well it was fun because of that, and because the Stars won). There must have been a deal for kids baseball teams get in free or something, because there was a ton of ~7-12 yr olds there. The most popular chant at the park (and I'm still trying to get over this one) was the SpongeBob SquarePants theme song. I now know who lives in a pineapple under the sea! Every time the SBSP song came on, the kids were screaming the song out. It was hilarious! I've got it recorded on my phone -- I'm trying to figure out how to get it online.

It's kind of cold here though. I didn't think that going from Houston to Alabama would be a big change in temps, but the lows have been in the 40's the past couple of nights. Unfortunately, I didn't bring a jacket!

This weekend there was also a cultural event going on called the Panoply arts festival. I didn't realize how big this thing would be, but it seemed to be pretty popular with the locals. And talking to some of them, they say that many folks come in from out-of-town to visit this event. It's all hosted in downtown Huntsville at Big Spring Park. I had some Gator on a Stick. I've always heard that alligator tasted like chicken, but I didn't think so. Maybe it always tastes like chicken because that's what they feed "them gators" and you are what you eat... Maybe it had something to do with the fact it was fried, and that threw off the taste a bit. It was white meat, but maybe a little more pink-ish than fully cooked chicken. It was juicy, but more chewy. And it tasted like bayou. Overall, I'd probably try it again but wouldn't go out of my way to have some.

No comments: