As you will probably find out by reading my posts, I can be kinda fickle. It's actually tough, because it means you'll be interested in something pretty intensely (sp?), but find it hard to finish what you started... And A doesn't like it because some of the things I get fickle about have reprecussions on her as well.
But now that I've said that, "I do solmny swear, being of right mind and body, that I will mail in the $20 off rebate that I got when I bought the bluetooth wireless headset at Radio Shack at the after-thanksgiving sale."
That's a good story right there. So we are spending Thanksgiving at my in-Law's house. It's been great, except S didn't feel like sleeping on Thanksgiving night (I guess tryptophan doesn't work on infants??). First, he didn't want to go to sleep, then he wouldn't stay asleep. And to make matters worse, A was coming down w/ something also so she felt like a corpse herself. So when S woke up at 5:00 and started kicking on his pack'n'play, A asked me to see if I could get him back to sleep. No such luck.
Since I'm up, and I don't want S's crying to bother A, I decide that the early-bird after-thanksgiving sales are a good idea, and the mall is only a couple of miles from the in-laws house. Radio Shack was my target. By the time I got there (about 6:30 am), the line to check out was already snaking from the back of the store where the registers were to the front of the store. The employee handing out flyers at the front asked "would I like a flyer". "No," I answered, "but do you have any of these (pointing to the bluetooth wireless headsets advertisement)?". He said they were behind the counter, but I'd have to wait in line to get one. I say ok and look for the other item I was there for - the $5 spotlight (1000 candle power, baby!). I find the display for the spotlight, and pick out the LAST ONE.
Get in line and by this time the employees have said (1) that there are no more headsets and then (2) that there are only 4 more headsets. Well, I think to myself, I might as well stay in line and buy the spotlight, but seems like there's about 100 people in front of me. No way they will still have headsets! About 45 min later, get to the register and the guy asks "Is this all?" and I said "For grins, would you check for the headset?" He looks over below the counter of the register next to him and says "You're in luck - there's one left." Wow! That shopping trip, folks, snapped me out of my T-Day hangover. It was awesome! I wish every shopping trip were like that, I'd go more often. And S was great - all the ladies at Radio Shack doing the "ohh" and "ahh" and "isn't he so cute" thing.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great way to spend the morning! How's the headset working out?
Chad
Post a Comment