Friday, March 06, 2009

Backyard Updates

Well, we finally finished the back garden that we've been (not) working on for about a month. The dirt came in last Thursday, so we piled it up into wheelbarrows (Thanks Brandon for helping out!) and hauled it back there. Turns out we had enough mulch to cover not only all of our flowerbeds, we were also able to mulch the area under the kids' playset.

Here's a "close-up" of the mason-work that I had to do on the cement-brick border. I'll probably go back and clean it up a little bit, get all the mortar off the bricks themselves.

This one's the whole she-bang. Don't look straight? That's the way we wanted it, I guess!

After all that hard work, we took a well-deserved swing break. Here's Stephen and Joshua just enjoying the beautiful weather we've been having down here.


Stephen decides to lend a helping hand. Joshua approves.


Hope everyone's having a great day! (FYI - you'll have to forgive me for the photo quality of most of these pics -- they're taken from my cell phone and copied to a photo program).

No comments: