Sunday, March 26, 2006

Stephen's sleep schedule: Well, we're going to try the "cry it out" method again. It appears that when the other authors wrote books saying that you can go in and soothe the baby and they will sleep better, they didn't consult our baby. Last night we tried this method, and he cried quite a bit. I anticipate tonight will not be any better -- maybe worse. But hopefully, things will be better tomorrow.

Seems like this method has it's drawbacks. I noticed that the first time we tried this, Stephen would get fussy much more easily, and wouldn't want to be set down or anything like that. I noticed a little of that going on today also. Tomorrow will be the litmus test - GOOD LUCK, AMY!! I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. I hope things go really easy.

We're heading to Philly this weekend, and so whatever the sleep solution is going to be, hopefully Stephen will decide to sleep well on Friday and Saturday night. Otherwise there will be some really tired parents coming home from that trip!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Well-I guess you remember things better than I do. He is very fussy today. Right now I am listening to him cry and cry trying to take a nap. It has been days since he cried for a nap...it's so hard to listen to the little guy scream. I did go in there to comfort him because you want to do SOMETHING..but it didn't help...proving the best thing to do is let him work it out...and he did...he's asleep. Shew. Now I am emotionally drained...where are those Ritz Smores things?