Saturday, November 04, 2006

This week has been pretty rough at work. Especially for Betsy. She's been having to be two people, since Dave was in Russia all week. Bless her heart, those are some big shoes to have to fill in, even if it's just for a week.

I've been trying to help out where I can on the 12A.1 work that she's been doing. I think this next week, since Dave will be back, Betsy won't have to bear all the burden, and I'm actually a little more up-to-speed on the work, I think we'll really start clickin'.

We just got official word yesterday (although I had heard some rumors) that 12A.1 has been moved up another day in the schedule to keep it well away from the new year holidays. The shuttle launch is now NET 12/6. It's weird having schedules slip to the LEFT. Usually, we're working hard to a deadline, then the flight gets slipped to a month later. I'm not complaining b/c it's a good trend, but when you've already got enough stuff to do by 12/7, you don't like learning that you now have one less day to get everything done.

No comments: